Thursday, March 23, 2006

Tom and Betsy

Like oxygen, nutrition and water, caffeine has become one of the necessary elements of my day. It seems to ward off headaches and a nagging sense of incompleteness. The only acceptable form of ingestion for me is coffee. I take it with a little 2% milk. I make a cup at home first thing, before the crack of dawn and just about the time my marathon-running neighbors are headed out for a run. That is the cup I savor alone. Then, usually around 10:00, my coffee pals and I leave the building to get some coffee. My coffee pals are Tom and Betsy. Although we work in the same place we do not work together. Tom is married with children; Betsy is single and claims that all the good men are married. It is a short walk, but we find time to talk and laugh. Yesterday we found out that Betsy had previously worked at the U.N. and for NATO. That’s the way it is with your coffee pals – always something new to learn about them. I can’t wait for 10:00.

3 comments:

Shiloh Guy said...

Dear Friend,

1) I am amazed at your amazing powers of self control. Only one cup of coffee before 10:00! Good for you. My doctor tells me that moderate coffee intake will not damage the prostate. (I believe you have one of those and I will prove it later!) I wish I would have known that earlier.

2) Betsy is a spy.

3) Why do you have to make your own coffee in the morning? What is your wife doing at that time? Or...are you single? No, can't be. As Betsy the Spy says, "All the good men are taken," and we know you're a good man. I deduced this bit of information from your next blog where you called your stall intruder a "guy." Therefore, you must be married! Aha! Elementary, my dear Watson.

OG said...

Shilohman, your deductive powers of reasoning are matched only by the web searching skills of the yak. Together you would be more formidable than Batman and Robin, Tonto and the Lone Ranger, Laurel and Hardy... you get the picture. You have deduced that I possess a prostate and indeed, without probing for it at this very moment, I believe it is still there.

My wife sleeps the sleep of the innocent while I prowl the early morning hours a result, no doubt, of my grace-cleansed but still guilty conscience.

What makes you think Betsy is a spy?

Shiloh Guy said...

Betsy is obviously a spy because people who work for the UN or NATO are never allowed to leave alive unless they are on spying assignments. Also, she says things like, "All the good men are taken, Mr. Bond." Clearly a flirtatious comment meant to get you to respond and spill your secrets to her. Just ask Mrs. OGWND. She'll tell you.