Thursday, March 23, 2006

Stalling for Time

I need to find a new favorite stall. I don’t know how many other people are like me, but if I am any place for any length of time (like a job that is not located in my garage) I eventually have to use the restroom. And, in a relatively short period of time, I pick a favorite stall from among those available. I know it is not mine exclusively, but I like to pretend. I usually pick a handicapped stall, not for the extra room but because the door swings outward. In the movies, every time someone gets caught and beat up in a toilet stall, the door comes crashing in on him – did you ever notice that? If the door swings out you have an advantage in a situation like that. Today is the second time I have found my favorite stall violated. I suspect the same person is responsible, because both crime scenes presented the same M.O. – an unflushed bowl. The guy is probably an artist, or a don’t-look-back type. If the door swung in I would ambush him. Today there was even some seat-top residue and even though the bowls are cleaned and disinfected daily I will never be able to use that stall again.

Do you remember when someone thought up the heated toilet seat? A lot of people thought that was a great invention. Not me. If the seat is warm, then the assumption is that someone’s rear has just been there. If the seat is cold, you can pretend no other butt ever sat there.

5 comments:

Shiloh Guy said...

Can you tell me something? Why does it seem that so many times the toilets in handicapped stalls are taller than the others? Are handicapped people taller than the rest of us? I would like to use those stalls too but too often my short little legs don't reach the floor! It is so hard to take care of business when your feet are dangling a couple of inches off the floor. I really hate that.

Shiloh Guy said...

I just realized something. The time signature on your blog is on UK time. Is this a brilliant deception or are you really over there? I remember your earlier mention of the UK concerning Peter Jackson. This is really fun!

OG said...

You may have to invest in a prosthesis - the "comfort height" toilet is the wave of the future for the I've fallen and I can't get up aging baby boomers. I just bought a one-piece Kohler Devonshire (comfort height) and can't wait until it is installed. But you are right, Shilohman, our squatting on their heels ancestors did not suffer the problems we do.

Anonymous said...

Can a post about "IWT" be far behind - did I just say "behind"? Butt, seriously - thank you for finally allowing me to post a comment without having to go through a 3rd potty....hee hee hee.

Anonymous said...

OK YB...we're GROANING...