Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Somebody should check to see if Jerry and Tim are still here

Two headlines caught my eye this morning. I think it was my right eye. Here they are:

"Afghan Christian Convert is Released, Then Vanishes"
"Wanted Nigerian Warlord Disappears in Nigeria"

I am not overly concerned about these two headlines as it is my steadfast belief that the rapture will be a bit more widespread. However, last Wednesday seven members of Sierra Leone's Commonwealth Games team went missing. The exact quote from the Melbourbne police was, "Six athletes and a weightlifter from Sierra Leone have gone missing." Evidently weightlifters are not athletes, or at least this one was not.

Tomorrow there will be a solar eclipse - coincidence? I think not. The eclipse will spawn the "largest and biggest event in the history of Libyan tourism" according to the Libyan Deputy Tourism Minister. Coincidence? Again, I think not. You factor in the mysterious death today of Caspar Weinberger along with the announcement that George Clooney has agreed to do Ocean's 13 and I think maybe something is going on. Something big.

5 comments:

Smoking Christian said...

Don't forget the missing whippet from the Westminster Dog Show! (Woe. Now I'm getting goose-bumps.)

Anonymous said...

Did you mention the rescued snow bound Oregon couple? (wanted in AZ for drug dealing) who were no sooner found, then off they go again...disappeared onto the horizon, missing, gone!

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute. We haven't had any new posts lately from the Yakimaniacs. Where are they? Oh my gosh!

Could Shilohman be wrong? Maybe we should all be "pre-trib" after all.

Yakimaniac said...

Very funny but I hate to disappoint; the Yaks are not pre-trib or pre-mill. (It's that darned Wheaton bible department again. When they got done with the Shilohman they started on us.)

I once had a very pleasant conversation with the Mom of the SC sitting at her dining room table. That is until I told her I thought the Rapture was a 19th century myth. She was very sweet. Shocked but sweet.

Shiloh Guy said...

OG!!!!

You're on the wrong track! Quit looking for Jerry and Tim! If you find Betsy and Sandy you'll find them! I tried to warn you! They are behind everything!