Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I voted today

The primaries are today. I stopped by before work to do my civic duty. The problem with primaries is that there are only names on the ballot. No issues, just names. Without my reading glasses the names look very similar. And those circles you have to fill in look really fuzzy. If you declare your party affiliation, you don't even get to see the names of the enemy.

So I looked for names similar to mine, or like those of long forgotten girlfriends and high school vice-principals.

All the polling place volunteers were so nice. They appear to be retired from real work and someone had brought them doughnuts and coffee, so there was much to rejoice about. Maybe I will retire and work at the polling place. It's a long day, but it is only a couple days a year.

2 comments:

Yakimaniac said...

Aha! I'm going to pinpoint the "OG Blogger" as residing in the State of Illinois. To my knowledge it is the only State holding primary elections today.

Shiloh Guy said...

Mr. Yak,
I think you're right about the state of Illinois and the primaries. There is also something familiar about declaring your party affiliation. If I remember correctly my years in Chicagoland, I had to declare my party affiliation in order to get a ballot.

OGWND, good to see you again!