Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Explanations, excuses and apologies

I love anagrams. Most of the names I use blogging are anagrams for the real name. Sharp cookies in the use of search engines, like Mrs. Yak, have likely identified the real name of my dead assistant, who I refer to as Adelle. You can still read some newspaper accounts online, but they are not as scintillating as my "behind the scenes" look.

I am back in my office having spent the last two days at home finishing up the new copper plumbing supply system I built, and tearing out all the old corroded galvanized pipe. I love my Ryobi reciprocating saw - cuts through those pipes like butta. The water pressure is now where it should be: at full force the shower will peel the skin off your back.

After I return a few calls, wade through a mound of paper and go for coffee with Tom and Betsy (and maybe Patrick) I hope to get back to the narrative.

But first, an apology. Thoreau said that tradition is a more interrupted and feebler memory. Well, my feeble memory interrupted a fine and longstanding tradition, and I feel terrible. For years I faithfully sent a package of Peeps to the YB of the SC every Easter season. Several times in the last month I thought, "gotta get those Peeps." Sunday morning I realized that no Peeps had been sent. The chain has been broken, and likely all sorts of bad things will befall me. This is my public apology, and I am sorry. Very sorry.

13 comments:

Smoking Christian said...

It's too late. Thanks to your thoughtlessness, he was forced to resort to buying street peeps near his office in Santa Ana. We're not sure what they were cutting them with but he's currently sitting in a vegetative state, drooling and mumbling complete nonsense while listening to Asia...Wait...Isn't that the way he is normally?

Yakimaniac said...

Dear OG,

It is true that I am affectionately referred to as "the Internet Queen" by both my boss and Mr. Yak (please note - they are not one and the same). I am, however, forcing myself to resist the urge to research the background of your story. I'm going to let you string me along with the rest of your readers for however long it takes.

Now that the plumbing has been redone - what's the hold up?

(I never said I'd wait PATIENTLY!)

Mrs. Yak

Anonymous said...

I was told there are 2 hobbies a person should never have - plumbing and electrical wiring. I tip my hat to you Mr. OG. And with copper no less, not mere plastic. You are the man.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed. Wow, storyteller and uber-handy. Don't give into the pressure to post. I am a Harry Potter fan, and I sit and wait for when she is in the mood to write. I'll do thes ame for you. WoSC

Shiloh Guy said...

Dear OG,

Thanks for the link to the article on Big Lar! I haven't heard much about him in the last several years and this was really good. I wonder if he could use the SC? It would be right up SC's alley, don't you think?

OG said...

The question is not whether Big Lar could use the SC, but whether the SC could use Big Lar. If SC could get paid for all his ramblings he'd be bigger than Rick Warren!

I will email you the 06/27/05 Newsweek article entitled Point Man for the Kingdom

OG said...

As an aside to YB of YAK, I would also be doing the electrical wiring on this project but for the stranglehold that the unions have on local government. Code requires rigid metal conduit and I don't have the time to bend pipe, blog and . . . what was that other thing? Oh yeah, my day job.

If I never blog again, be sure that some union thug has murdered me in my sleep.

Anonymous said...

It seems like in the blogging world asides are my specialty. Too bad about the union thugs though. That sack of cement I have left over from the fence project would make a nice pair of shoes. Last fall I rewired my garage with 50 amp service to a sub-panel and the whole enchilada. Man I was proud of myself. Mrs. YB just rolls her eyes and thanks the Lord I’m still alive. I only had one mishap – that’s what breakers are for right?

Smoking Christian said...

I've already left his comment somewhere on the "GANG OF FOUR BLOGS" but I can't remember where.

The point being, my yb sent my blog to Big Larry. I already knew how famous he was from that NEWSWEEK full page article.

Anyhow, my yb never heard from him again. Apparently, he does not want to hitch his wagon to my particular star. Perhaps the name of my blog throws him off. Maybe I should change it to "HOLY SMOKE!" or "BUTT BOY BELIEVER?"

Suggestions?

Anonymous said...

“Drinking Christian” probably wouldn’t help in your cause would it? In the old days wasn’t a cigarette called a “fag?” No, better not. Sorry, I’m not much help.

Smoking Christian said...

Dear yb of yak,

Thanks for your help.
But, "BUTT BOY BELIEVER™" is looking better all the time.

By the way, what exactly are you growing there on that "organic" farm?
I promise not to tell anybody else, but does it rhyme with 'Tiajuanna?'

Anonymous said...

Just me and my pigmy pony.

Anonymous said...

That's it then...the union thugs have gotten to OGGIE. May he rest in peace.